NEW! Sports Massage Advanced Training
- Visits to state of the art sports medicine facilities
- Lectures from top sports medicine professionals
- Application of specific massage techniques for injuries and musculoskeletal dysfunctions
Elevate your practice to the next level! Our course will provide you with the skills necessary to differentiate you from other therapists.
Through our small group centered lectures with athletic trainers, physical therapists, chiropractors, and personal trainers, you will have a first hand knowledge of how to collaborate with other sports medicine practitioners in the groundbreaking sports medicine field.
An Experience you won’t find anywhere else
In this program you will:
- Learn the latest in the field of sports medicine from professionals across disciplines
- Have access to a local pool of athletes for one on one supervised student/athlete clinical practice
- Gain on site event experience while attending two local events, enhancing your marketing and networking skills.
Upon successful completion of this program you will be prepared for a wide spectrum of Sports Massage career opportunities.
An Interdisciplinary Experience with Experts Across Fields
Get hands-on training from the following experts:
- Andy Klock, MESS, ATC University of Florida Track and Field.
- Susan Tillman, PT, SCS, CSCS, Sports Physical Therapy Residency Site Coordinator/ UF Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation
- Santiago Villamil, PT, MPT, CSCS, Director/Physical Therapist at Request Physical Therapy.
- Robert Ruano, DC, owner of Innovative Back Solutions.
- Kevin Lulofs-MacPherson, PT, DPT, OCS, FAAOMPT, clinical lecturer University of Florida Department of Physical Therapy.
- Chris White, LMT, Eleiko Strength Coach, BioSignature Practitioner, USAW level 1 Coach, Owner/founder of Go Primal Fitness.
In this dynamic program you will gain a deeper understanding and obtain the necessary skills in:
- Orthopedic assessment and treatment of soft tissue injuries
- Advanced sport specific massage applications.
- Implementation of flexibility techniques to mobilize tissue.
- Instruction of proper uses of hydrotherapy/heat and cold
- In depth kinesiology
- Up to date research and access to resources in health care for athletes.
- Career planning and promotional guidance
- Small intimate lectures with healthcare sports practitioners who are top in their field.
- Live athletic event experience
- Clinical supervision/one on one instruction ,with one or two athletes of your choosing per week.
DATES: January 4th – February 26th, 2017
Program is a total of 8 weeks: Mondays and Wednesday from 4:30 – 7:30PM. In addition we will meet on two weekends times TBD.
Location: Classroom lectures, Florida School of Massage
Meet the Experts, at practitioner’s location
Prerequisites: must have completed basic sports massage curriculum or completed massage training from an accredited massage school.
Continuing Education hours: 75 Florida
Tuition: $940 if registered by December 16th, 2016, for payment in full.
Payment plans are available: One half of tuition is due prior to first day of class.
Instructors: Cristian Arroyo, LMT and Jacqueline Landis Ferber, LMT
Class size limited to the first 20 students!
Further information and application coming soon on advancedmassage.net