- FSM offers two merit scholarships in the amount of $1000 and $500. Qualified students would demonstrate financial need and an exceptional commitment and potential to provide massage as a vehicle for personal growth and empowerment.
- Complete FSM Application- Your complete Massage and Hydrotherapy Program Application must be turned by the scholarship due date. (note: students not applying for a scholarship may submit their program application after the scholarship application date)
- Scholarship Application Form (below) and Essay- Submit a completed Scholarship Application Cover Sheet and Scholarship Essay one month prior to the start of the program you wish to attend.
- Submit a typed essay of 500 to 600 words detailing your commitment to pursuing a massage therapy education. Why do you feel you should win the scholarship? This essay is in addition to the short essays supplied with your program application.
- Student has completed all program application requirements. This includes the program application, application fee, photo, official transcripts, driver’s license copy and the two program application essays.
- Student has been accepted for enrollment by the admissions director and financial aid director.
- Students may only apply for a scholarship during their initial enrollment. Students who are restarting the program are not eligible.
- Scholarship recipients must maintain satisfactory academic progress as defined in the Florida School of Massage school catalog. Failure to maintain satisfactory progress will result in loss of remaining scholarship funds.
- A scholarship committee appointed by the school director will select scholarship recipients based on the student’s financial need and the quality and sincerity of the applicant’s scholarship essay.
- By submitting a scholarship application, applicants agree to allow Florida School of Massage use of applicant’s essay, name and image or photograph, in any advertising, promotions or other marketing materials.
Disbursement of Scholarships:
- Scholarship recipients are chosen two weeks after the scholarship application due date.
- Scholarship awards are applied in two 50% disbursements to a student’s account after the student completes one half of the program and upon successful completion.