- This event has passed.
Bones for Life® Segment I (Day One and Two)
April 8 - April 9$300 - $340
Instructor: Anne Andrews, LMT, MA 38362
Date: Saturday – Sunday, April 8-9, 2017
Workshop Price: $300 for early birds, FSM students, and FSMTA members. $340 after March 24th
CE Hours: 12 Florida and National
Location: Florida School of Massage
- Would you like to improve the quality of your everyday movements?
- Would you like to learn new ways to prevent self-injury?
- Would you like to expand your knowledge base for working with your clients including those who are experiencing bone loss?
Make your own self-care a priority this year. Expand your knowledge and understanding of the Bones for Life program that is designed to de-program counter-productive patterns of posture and movement as well as promote bone health. Experience greater ease of movement releasing tension in the neck, lumbar, and upper back. Deepen your own awareness of how you move and carry yourself and learn new ways to prevent self-injury.
In day one and two of the series you will explore:
- Proper alignment of the spine to safely sustain light transmission of pressure to promote bone health and restore an effortless upright posture.
- Cultivate proportional flexibility and springiness in the spine, knees and other joints
- Learn movements to stabilize the pelvis and hip joints
- Develop a well- functioning springy alignment to stimulate bone strength
- Improve the quality of standing, sitting, walking or other daily activities
- Awaken your body’s innate movement intelligence to release painful patterns of movement and adopt more efficient patterns of posture and locomotion
Although this program is primarily for self-care, some self-massage technique is also practiced. Active and passive assisted range of motion can be applied to clients using kinesthetic cues for self-referencing. Hands on demonstrations and practice will be provided.
Classes are open to the general public. Participants should be able to lie on the floor and come to standing with little or no assistance.
Please bring a mat or blanket to lay on, a pair of socks or small hand wash cloths, pillows to support neck and/or back and wear loose comfortable clothing. A long piece of cotton cloth 23ft. by 36-48 inches wide. This cloth is available at Joann Fabrics. You will have 90 minutes for lunch.
For questions about the class or to reserve a cloth, you may contact Anne Andrews at 386-538-1918 or AnneAndrewslmt25@yahoo.com.
About the Instructor:
Anne Andrews, LMT, MA #38362 is a graduate from the Florida School of Massage in 2003 and is an Associate in the Practitioner Training Program for Ortho-Bionomy®. Anne has also received extensive training in the Bones for Life® program and is a certified teacher and approved CE credit provider for Florida and NCBTMB CE’s. Having experienced chronic debilitating pain herself, Anne has great empathy for people who are in pain. This gift of pain which initially prevented her from experiencing a “normal life” has taken her on an incredible journey. She discovered her passion for healing and teaching and was introduced to these two wonderful and transformational modalities . Anne combines her knowledge and skills in Ortho-Bionomy® and Bones for Life® to empower individuals to take care of themselves and enhance their well-being. Both of these are gentle non-invasive systems of healing that remind the body of its natural ability to come back into balance. Her passion for teaching the Bones for Life program comes through in her classes providing a fun and engaging learning environment.