Did You Know?
Massage therapists are tasked with acquiring not only an impressive amount of information on the human body, but also passing rigorous tests and requirements in order to become licensed. Massage therapy is a complex and varied discipline. Check out some of these facts about the practice that you may not have known.
- • There are several different focuses in massage therapy. Therapist can specialize in deep tissue, orthopedic, acupressure and many other forms of therapy.
- • Some types of massages are only given to certain people. For example, there are prenatal and elder massage techniques.
- • Massage therapy is ranked in the top ten of the best healthcare support careers.
- • Massage therapy licensing requirements can vary greatly from state to state.
- • Licensed massage therapists are required to take continuing education courses in order to remain licensed.
- • Massage therapy is a Mayo Clinic recognized form of alternative medicine.
- • The overall massage therapy industry is projected to grow 22% from 2014 to 2024.
- • Most massage therapists need at least a post-secondary vocational school diploma to practice. Massage therapists don’t just manipulate your muscles. They also ask about a client’s medical history and track their progress if the client needs to be seen on multiple occasions.
These are just a few of the facts about the massage therapy profession. To learn more about starting a career in massage therapy visit: www.floridaschoolofmassage.com/your-career/